Apply for the MSE program
Apply for the master’s program in biomedical engineering at Johns Hopkins by visiting JHU Graduate Admissions.
Please note that the Biomedical Engineering Program only offers Fall admission. Note: application instructions may be different from the general University guidelines. If you have questions regarding these instructions, please contact the program manager, Sam Bourne.
Fully completed applications must be submitted by January 4, 2019.
A complete application includes the following:
- A completed online application (the department does not accept paper applications)
- Applicable transcripts (unofficial copies)
- GRE scores (official copy)
- 3 letters of recommendation from previous instructors or employers
- A statement of your interest and motivation for pursuing biomedical engineering graduate studies
- TOEFL scores (for foreign students only, official copy)
- Accepted payment types (application fee): MC, Visa, Discover, or “e-check”.
The BME department does not handle the application and/or the processing of application materials. Do not send any application materials to the department. Applications are processed and managed through Graduate Admissions. For questions/concerns about submitting your application, please use the Graduate Admissions contact form.
Decisions are typically made by the end of March and all applicants will receive notification of decision around that time.
The deadline for applications to the MSE program is January 4, 2019. Decisions are typically made by the end of March. All applicants will receive decisions notification around that time.