We offer fall admissions only. To be considered for fall admission, please submit your application by December 31.
A complete application includes the following:
- A completed online application (the department does not accept paper applications)
- Applicable transcripts (unofficial copies)
- GRE scores (official copy)*
- 3 letters of recommendation from previous instructors or employers*
- A statement of your interest and motivation for pursuing biomedical engineering graduate studies
- TOEFL or IELTS scores (for foreign students only, official copy)
- Accepted payment types (application fee): MC, Visa, Discover, or “e-check”
*GRE scores are not required for medical trainee applicants with interest in the AI in Medicine focus area. Letters of recommendation are not required for medical trainees who are currently affiliated with the Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions.
The BME department does not handle the application and/or the processing of application materials. Do not send any application materials to the department. Applications are processed and managed through Engineering Graduate Admissions. For questions or concerns about submitting your application, contact Engineering Graduate Admissions, and include your full name and application reference number with your inquiry.
Decisions are typically made by the end of March for fall admissions, and by the end of October for spring admissions. Applicants will receive notification of decision around that time.