The News Content Type is used for creating a news article on the site.
News can be tagged and filtered with the following Taxonomies:
- News Type
Adding New Taxonomy Types
You can add a new taxonomy type by clicking on “News Types” in the Admin area. This will take you to a page listing all the current News Types. You can add a new type using the fields on the left.
Alternatively, you can quick add a taxonomy using the News Type taxonomy box in the right hand sidebar menu on the edit page on any News items.
Creating and Editing News
- Click on “News” in the left sidebar of the admin page.
- To edit an existing news item, click on “All News” to see and select the news item you wish to modify.
- To add a new news item, click on “Add News”. You can also add new news using the top navigation bar in the top under the “New” button.
- Enter information into the fields
- Associated Faculty will tag the news item with a faculty member, allowing this item to display in the faculty member’s detail page.
- Share Link will set a share link inside of the news detail page.
- You can type in the description and text content of the news item in the editor field below the top fields.
- News Types can be set in the righthand sidebar section.
- Featured Image can be set in the righthand sidebar section.