BME Fact Sheet
The mission of the JHU Department of Biomedical Engineering is to improve human health through excellence in research and education at the interface of engineering, biology and medicine.
Academic Divisions: School of Medicine, School of Engineering
- Cardiovascular Systems
- Cell and Tissue Engineering/Biomaterials
- Computational Biology and Bioinformatics
- Computational Modeling
- Medical Imaging
- Molecular and Cell Systems
- Neuroengineering and Computational Modeling
- Systems Neuroscience
Department Director: Elliot McVeigh, Ph.D.
Primary Faculty: 37 (Professors-18, Assoc. Professors-6, Assist. Professors-12, Instructor-1)
Research Faculty: 13 (Professors, Associate Professors, Assistant Professors, Research Associates)
Secondary Faculty: 38 (Adjunct, Affiliate and Part-time)
Post Docs: ~42
Graduate Students: ~270 (Ph.D. and MS)
Undergraduate Students: ~450
- Largest pre-clinical department at the Johns Hopkins School of Medicine
- Number one ranked biomedical engineering program in U.S according to U.S. News & World Report
- 9 startups from faculty research work.